17.5.10

May Music List

I have two exercise playlists that I use constantly. One is about five hours long and I use it for long runs or spending quality time on the elliptical. That list doesn't change much, other than adding new songs I like. The second list is about 90 -120 minutes long and has more music of whatever-the-heck-I'm-in-the-mood-for feel. I use it for my runs around Lake Nokomis and normal gym workouts. As you can imagine, this list gets played frequently so I update it once a month with new or mostly new songs. (I have a few favorites you can read about in this post.) Here's a few songs that are new for May:
  • Thanks to Pandora I recently re-discovered My Sweet Lord by George Harrison which works well as a warm-up song and not much else.

  • This too shall pass by Ok Go is a song a friend posted to Facebook. (Thanks, it's a great song and a cool video.)

  • Here it Goes Again by Ok Go is a great upbeat song that I rediscovered while watching the video for 'this too shall pass'.

  • Meddle by Little Boots is a punk/techno song with a good beat. The studio version sounds a bit different than the live version in this video. I was a little worried when she started playing with the techno toy on top of the piano but I think she makes it work.

  • Badman by Newton Faulkner is a great song on a great album. I find the video of the guys head disconcerting and probably won't watch it again. (Your kids might actually like this one though.)

  • Where the River Flows by Collective Soul is definitely not a new song but it hasn't seen my iPod in a long time so it's worth mentioning. Collective Soul songs typically have a good driving beat and lyrics interesting enough to at least hold my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment