13.4.10

Praying While I.... well, yeah

I had a bladder infection this weekend. It was not a super-fun experience but I'd pick it over a migraine (universe, this is not an invitation) almost any day of the week. Saturday when I ran I knew something wasn't right. Sunday night I started drinking tons of water which relieved most of my symptoms (thank you palliative care).

Sunday night I was talking to my mom (who is still a total hippie) and she told me a story about a lady who was in danger of loosing a kidney and asked people to pray for her. The leader of whatever service this was (I don't think it was a traditional religious service of any denomination or faith) told the lady to focus on what was healthy and how her other kidney was still working. And then he told her she could pray while she peed. So that was Mom's advice to me. (Thanks.) Monday I visited the doctor who gave me some antibiotics and a drug that relieves 'irritation' and has a side effect of turning my pee orange (glad they warned me about that one in advance).

Monday I spent some time with the doctor and took it easy (when I wasn't working).

Today I slept in (ha!) until at least 7:30am before a day of meetings and trainings. I didn't turn on my computer or check my voice mail at all. At the end of the day I went for a four miler at the lake before getting soup with Amanda.

From the running experience I learned one should never run around Lake Nokomis in the afternoon. It is packed. It was hard to get up a steady pace and stay on the path. I spent a lot of time in the dirt/grass rut next to the path running around people or getting out of the way. My knees and ankles were not happy with the situation, they wanted the nice flat even concrete. I gave them a couple ibuprofen when I got back so hopefully they'll forgive me. Lake Nokomis early in the morning is much more pleasant. It was a gorgeous day though.


I cannot believe how warm it is in April this year. Someone said it doesn't bode well for the summer but I prefer to think we're getting it all out of our system early in the season. I was able to wear my 'gooster the rooster' running shirt the St Paul runners made for my birthday last year. (Heather was already thinking about Ragnar costumes.) In honor of the warm temperature and the heat still being on in my building (I say BOOOOO) I got out my air mattress which will be much cooler than the real mattress. I'm hoping to spend the whole night asleep. (The last few nights I've been getting up in the middle of the night to pee. In technicolor).

Now, since it's been forever, a brief linkfest:

No comments:

Post a Comment