1.4.10

My day, running, the good and the not so fun...

When's the last time I wrote? Hmmm. It's been quite a while then.

Here's what you've missed:
Monday: I worked like a mad woman until the office closed at 4:00pm (by which time it was 80* in my office). Then I went home and relaxed. Sorry, it's so long ago that's all I remember.

Tuesday: was long run day. The weather falls in the 'good' category but my health status falls in the 'not so fun' category. (Looking back, perhaps this is where some of my problems started.) I should have just listened to my body and that small part of my brain telling me to do a shorter run (like 6 miles instead of 12). There was no listening. I wanted to run to 'earn' enough calories for the Passover Seder that night.
I tried a sort-of new route. It was a really nice run until I got to the far side of Lake Calhoun and met a head wind that was quite strong. That slowed me down. And then I started to feel nauseous. Which made running less fun. I started throwing in walks with the run when I got past Lake Harriet.
When I got home I did take an ice bath which was the right idea. After recovering I picked up some Chipotle (hey, it's breakfast and lunch!) and got the green beans that it was my job to make for the Seder.
The Seder itself was fun too. It was much smaller than ones I'd been to the in past (only eight people) but definitely a good time.

Wednesday: I moved from the bed to the couch. That was my big accomplishment. (I did go for a 12.5 mile run the day before.) In the evening Cheryl and I went to see Brief Encounter which was an hysterically funny play, as funny as a play about an affair could be. The lead characters were fine but the supporting actors really made the show. Hilarious.

Thursday: Can anyone tell me how much the premium version of Pandora costs?
I woke up and ran seven miles. I must have been feeling good because I wasn't planning on going that far. That run was pretty much where the good feelings stopped.
The intestinal distress I alluded to on Tuesday was back in full force which was not how I wanted to spend my morning. Luckily I was able to work from home in the morning so I didn't miss too much. I went in to work and stayed there for a while.
After trying to eat dinner I have decided I may need to adopt a liquid diet for a little while until my stomach sorts itself out. Blech.
I did realize it's April so it's time to update the running play list. I'll let you know what I discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment