18.2.10

Running in the slush and sun

Side note: I love watching the Olympics!

Related to running my life, I freaking love my laptop from work. I really like that I can work at home. Trying to run in the winter just didn't work last year. (You can tell all the times I wasn't running because it coincided with long absences from blog writing.) Now with the lap top I can go to work, leave in the middle of the day and go for a run, and then do some more work at the end of the day.

Today I left around 2:00 and went for a run at my usual spot. I was yak-trak free for the first time in what must be a month or two. There was some snow and some slush but enough concrete and enough footing that it actually felt good to be without the trax for a while. Although by the second lap of running in the slush my knee was beginning to protest. (It's ok little knee. We'll take a day off tomorrow and see how that goes.) It was a gorgeous day with tons of sunshine and about 30*. I had fun running in only one pair of pants. When it get's really cold I wear running tights under my sweat pants.

It was good to go for a run and not have a heart attack after all the crap I ate yesterday. Amanda and I went to The Blue Door and basically ate grease in a few different forms. When I woke up I felt like I had a freaking brick in my stomach. (That's from all the meat I ate yesterday.) Maybe I went faster today because I needed the iron. (I can *almost* explain why runners need more iron than every body else. I'd say I get it right about 80% of the time.)

After the running my teenager called me and had me take her over to Uptown. Can I use the "report a pothole" feature on the city of Minneapolis website to report all of 31st street? Nicollett Ave wasn't much better, especially around 35th. What the heck happened to that road. I actually had to check and make sure I didn't have a flat tire at one point.

To cap off my productivity I did laundry tonight. Usually I do laundry once every two weeks so I was way ahead of schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment