23.2.10

Popcorn at 10:30 = The Perfect Dinner

I planned to run this morning. I quickly forgave myself when that didn't happen.

For not having any home visits and very few phone calls, work was a complete zoo. Mostly in an "I like my job and I'm very busy" kind of way. I did get to have Chipotle for lunch. I think I'm trying to set a record for the number of days I can be restricting calories and eating Chipotle. This could be an awesome plan but it could be slightly unrealistic. I stayed at work a little longer than I planned to. See the zoo comment.

I went to the gym a little after 8:00p and (miracle or miracles) got a sweet parking spot. I was planning on doing a weight workout but all of these ellipticals were free so I decided to do my run tonight instead. And run I did. Watching the Olympics while running on the elliptical is like taking rocket fuel while working out. They had the skiers on and they were flying down the hill so I was hauling tail on the machine watching them. Although I slowed down when I saw the men's 10,000km race and the guy who got disqualified. That was sad. (I feel a little pull for the Netherlands' athletes since I ran my first marathon in their country.)

I'm planning on doing my long run for the week (six miles) tomorrow morning at Lake Nokomis but that might get moved inside due to the weather. The thing I remember about marathon training is there's only so long I can spend on an elliptical before I get so bored I want to peel my fingernails off just to see what'd happen. And February is too early in the year to be at that point. But being on an elliptical is so much easier on my knees that I feel I should do it every so often just to give my body a break.

It's getting light a little earlier and staying light a little later so marathon training is getting better. It's easier to run outdoors than it was last month at this time. And it's not quite as painful to go to the gym (see above about the awesome parking). I'm also thinking about how I can add a good hill workout to the regime. I feel like Montreal Ave in St Paul is my best chance for a good hill workout but I also feel like the first time or two up the hill may give me a heart attack. I'll have to think about that one some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment