13.1.10

RUN! And then look at these pictures!

I repeat what I said Sunday about running outside in the cold and then feeling ishy in the tummy.

On Monday I celebrated left-over brussel sprouts from Christmas dinner with Amanda and my Pooky Bear. There was no exercise.


Tuesday, similarly, there was no exercise. Instead I went to work early, got home at 4pm and took a long nap. This is what time I woke up from that nap. I was awake for an hour or two before I threw in the towel and went to bed for the night.


Today, I slept in. And went to work late. And got coffee on the way (and by coffee I mean a $4 latte with tons of milk) since I don't have any other food to eat for breakfast.
In a surprise move, I went for a run after work. I've tried to describe YakTrax before. In Minnesota right now, they're a necessity and I love them. I also use them as a motivator to get outside while the snowpack is still reliable. My knees have let me know that two days of running outside on YakTrax is all that's allowed in a week. I'm not injured, they're just letting me know. Also, my Nike+ system is ridiculously inaccurate with these little contraptions strapped to my feet. Nike+ told me I'd run 7.07 miles at a 7:47 pace today. I actually ran 4.2 miles at a very much slower pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment