3.1.10

Long Weekend Roundup and a Sunday Linkfest

Yesterday I think the temperature did not get above zero (that's 0* Fahrenheit for my international friends). I did not leave my building. I left my condo only long enough to check the mail in the hallway. Brrrr. I mostly laid around and read. I did a small bit of cleaning but not enough to be classified as productive.

Today has been much more productive. I woke up and finished organizing my iTunes Library. (That's like a monthly task, especially the album artwork) and I had a mild health scare (thanks to Google for helping me realize it was nothing and I'm oblivious).

Once I figured out I wasn't going to die I packed up and went to the gym. The gym in January is really quite an accomplishment for me. I can't stand the gym in January because of all the new members who fill it up. I particularly love February, March and April when the new members stop coming. I had a fairly positive attitude at the gym today which helped immensely. I went during the Vikings Game (there's a wall of flat screen tv's there, it's not like I missed anything) plus it was too cold for so many people to come out. I actually managed 5 miles on the elliptical. My legs felt like rubber afterward but the recovery was short. But dude, it's January and I was able to reserve the elliptical.

I went to the pet store to pick up filters for my fishes who badly needed them. (Sorry guys.) Then I stopped at Chipotle and got enough to feed a small horse a steak burrito. I think I may need to establish a minimum running distance before Chipotle is allowed. I'm not sure 5 miles is enough but whatever.

Now I'm sitting here watching football Go Vikings! For today only: Go Cowboys too!. I can't believe I have to work 5 days in a row starting tomorrow. How's that go again?

While I'm trying to figure that out, here's some things for you to ponder:

No comments:

Post a Comment