13.1.10

The Cleaning Monster...

I should run in the evening more often. It makes me very productive. After the run today, the cleaning monster came out. Although, sadly, all the labels in my refrigerator do not face forward, or in any uniform direction. Neither do the labels in my broom closet. (Irmghard told me at Christmas that she just does this naturally when she puts things away. Funny.)

To give you an idea of my, ahem, standards, I finally folded the laundry that I washed last Friday after I was sick. Yes. Today is Wednesday.

Now all clean clothes are put away, semi-clean clothes are hanging on my door, and dirty clothes are where they belong. My bed's made but that's probably the least impressive thing on the list.

The kitchen is also clean which has been a long time coming. Dishes just seem to multiply. I also have a layer of crud that cannot be removed from the floor despite my best efforts. What should I do? It cruds up right below the stove, around the dishwasher and under the counters where I stand to chop and prepare food. Blergh!

Happily, the place has also been vacuumed. I even got out the little hose tool today and hosed under the front of the couch. It's clear I hadn't vacuumed in a while (or I'm really sloppy when I'm sick) because there was quite a bit of detritus there.

Tomorrow on my list is taking stuff to good will and taking plastic bags to the co-op for recycling.

Right now I'm rocking out to Sarah McLachlan. I used to love her music. It was the only thing Alicia and I could agree on coming home Columbus Ohio at 4:00am. Then, I don't know, I just got over it. But it's great to hear again. My current favorites are "Mary" "Good Enough" and "Ice" from Fumbling Towards Ecstasy, and "Angel" from Surfacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment