25.5.09

When it got warmer, running got harder

The thing about Minneapolis, for those of you who don't live here, is that was have awesome running weather for much of the year. And then the weather gets like it is now, and I loose all sense of reason and running ability.

I'd been up to 10 miles before the weather turned hot and humid. Today, I thought I was going to die after running about 7. I technically made it 10. I walked the last 3. So, that was my last long run before the half marathon on Sunday. We'll see if I do any better in race conditions.

It's a little bit discouraging to suddenly not be able to run. But I haven't lost all hope yet. I think I'll try some mid distance runs to build my stamina back up. I'm sure by August, (when I will no doubt be waking up at 5am to run), I'll have this heat thing licked. Then I'll spend all of October and November trying to teach my body to stop sweating so I can run outside in the winter without fear of loosing limbs.

Memorial Day Weekend was a pretty chill weekend for me. I laid around the house, ran a little, and laid around some more. I actually only have a 3 day week ahead of me too. I have Friday off. I plan on picking up my race packet down town that day and resting up for Sunday. Which means more chilling to bring in the month of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment