2.5.09

Liz, where have you been?

Where have I been? The short answer to that question is under the weather. I went in to work on Friday and was sent home after the first meeting of the day. I didn't fight it. I came back, drank ten gallons of liquids and slept all day.

On Thursday morning, I learned it's much harder to run with a cold than I expected. Thursday morning I ran with Robin and Heather. Beth thought it would be fun to wrench her back out earlier in the week apparently and so was unable to join us. Robin and Heather said I started out too fast (I find that hard to believe), but by the end of the run, I nearly thought I was going to die. While it may have had something to do with the speed at which we started, I think it also had a lot to do with a cold doing nasty things to my airways.

Obviously I skipped running on Friday. I did go for a four mile run today. I think I mentioned last week, but it's fun that I can think, "oh, hold on, I'll be right over, I just need to run 4 miles first". This is the first time in my life I've ever felt like that. It feels great. (Amanda, thanks again for deciding to run a 5k one summer).

On the news I was seeing that this is the Flying Pig weekend in Cincinnati. There's another marathon I'd like to run. I am trying to figure out if I could do long runs in the winter up here so I'd be trained to run it next year. Ha, just think. I could run the Cincinnati marathon in the beginning of May and come back to Minneapolis and run the Minneapolis Team Ortho marathon at the end of May next year. (I just want to point out, there was a time not so long ago when I had trouble believing I was going to finish just one marathon. Now I believe it at least enough that I've started planning for marathons after that. Wow.)

In other news, I helped Kelly and Eric move this weekend. And by helped I mean cleaned up mice poop in addition to other things. I love their new house. Especially the basement which is ginormous. It even has a cave. (Neither Kelly nor I love the cave. If it had a lot more light it would be ok, but then it wouldn't be a cave.) Also, the May Day parade is tomorrow. It's only a few blocks from my house so some people from work are coming here to park. (Why yes, I will spend the rest of the evening making sure my condo is clean just in case they actually come inside.)

I'm not sure if people have started to receive the letters I sent out Wednesday night, but if you have and that's what lead you to the blog today, Welcome and Come back often!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you love our house! We do too.

    Also, thanks for cleaning up the ... kitchen. I am very grateful that I don't have to think about that every time I use that shelf. (I don't even know what shelf it is. How fantastic is that?)

    ReplyDelete