5.2.09

Week 9 Redux

My second crack at week 9 is going only slightly better than the original. I ran 7 miles on Sunday and 5 miles today (which leaves a two 3 mile runs and a 4 mile run by Saturday). In other news the weather is awesome and I want nothing more than to spend all my time outside.

This week I was remembering with longing a time when I ran 5-6 times a week, always at the crack of dawn. I just got up. Even when I was on my period I'd run which is something I rarely do now. I kept thinking, "what's wrong with me that I can't get up anymore?" and "how come I just want to sleep all the time". I then googled "for people who can't get out of bed in the morning" which led me to this gem.

My 5am coach does suck. My 6am, 7am, 8am and 8:45am coaches aren't so good either.

Back, once upon a time when I ran 5 days a week, I was in grad school working and working like twelve jobs. I had to get up and run because there were no other options and it was the only thing I did the whole day that was only for me. So I channeled what I did back then to get up. I tried it this morning and it worked. I think I'll try it again tomorrow. And then go run. Outside. In the warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment