12.2.09

Taxes were way less exciting than they could have been

Is it wrong that I feel like I always do things too early to get the tax benefit? It's true.

Spending my Americorps Education Award: Two years in a row my federal refund was enough to cover what I owed in state taxes because the thing is taxable. This year, there's a question on our state return that asks if we were penalized for the Ed Award and adjusts the state gross income accordingly. Minnesota, you rarely upset me, but this is one of those times.

First time home buyer: Yeah, I purchased my home about two months too early to qualify. Somehow since I bought my home before April 1st (oh, the irony of that date), I'm immune to the whole economic fiasco that we're encountering right now. (Mr. President, you're new. But seriously, did you just throw a dart at the calendar to pick that day?)

I do get refunds from both the state and feds this year, although not as much as some had lead me to believe I'd receive, what with the student loans and the mortgage and all. That'll be nice. Especially since I've felt like I've been low on funds lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment