30.1.09

Sorry little blog, I swear I didn't forget you..

Well, it's been a while since I've written anything. Why? I don't know. How have I been? I haven't been bad but I haven't been really good either. I don't know...

It's been hard to run this week. I've decided it's ok to dread going to the Y after work in January and February. It's really a billion times more crowded than usual. And it's been too cold to run anywhere else. I don't know if that's had anything to do with my mood. I really only exercised a couple times this week. (I wonder if I made my 8 times to the gym this month....). Otherwise I've been doing a lot of sleeping, feeling tired, and sitting around.

There've been a couple notable exceptions to this routine.

Last weekend my mentee wanted to go to the Mall of America with her friend so I took them. Yeah, we don't shop in the same stores. So I went in a store called "Rainbow" and did nothing except try not to feel old. It's such a role reversal from my typical day working with people who have grand kids my age.

This week there was one day when I ran six miles. I think I'm just going to declare a do-over on week 9 and try it again next week.

Today I went out with Amanda after work. We found the new Saigon. It's still on University not too far from the old spot. There's more street parking which is good becuase the lot is decidedly smaller. Then we went to Roseville Mall where I hadn't been since before the bridge fell down, literally. Amanda got some new clothes. I mostly watched. We had an interesting conversation about ear rings, my favorite piece of jewlry which Amanda mostly ignores.

I am super excited because both days this weekend look like potentially awesome running weather. Tomorrow in particular when the high is supposed to reach freezing or close to it. Apparently, it's not going to last long. Oh well, a weekend of running is still a weekend of running.

No comments:

Post a Comment