29.12.08

Liz Trains for a Marathon Week 5

I'm finding it's going to be really important, as I move forward in this thing, to remind myself exactly which week of training I'm running. This is week 5 (of the mileage buildup to begin actually training for a marathon). I should also, at some point, probably count the number of weeks until the marathon.

Is it odd that I'd rather run 5 or 6 miles outside than 3 inside? Although, tomorrow that plan may be put to the test because the lake path was completely ice this morning and I heard it's supposed to snow on top of all that tomorrow. It's possible I'll be running inside no matter what.

Mom got me an awesome windbreaker and Jenny got me reflective bands to wear when I run. The windbreaker looks fabulous. The reflective bands also came in handy because I wound up running in the road rather than on the path. (See my above note about ice.)

How far did I run this morning? I have no idea. I'm guessing 5.4-5.5 miles. There was a path, there was a road, there was ice. My goal for the week: 17 miles apparently.

By the way, is it weird to talk with God while running?

No comments:

Post a Comment