18.11.08

Liz Trains for a Marathon

Miles today: 4.0
Miles this week: 8.3
Goal mileage for the week: 14

Lessons learned:
  • Apparently, I can run 4 miles around a track without stopping. Who knew? It got hard to run around the track at the Y for long periods because I was so used to running sprints and intervals on it. I'm getting used to running in circles for long periods of time again.

  • Running on a track when it's [sort of] busy is fun, all those people keep me entertained.

  • Paul Simon's The Obvious Child from Rhythm of the Saints is a great song and needs to appear on all of my exercise playlists.

  • When I wait 'till the evening to run, I feel like a lazy failure all day. That sounds a little a lot melodramatic. I like to run or exercise in the morning, so when I don't, I feel like I've skipped a day, even though I haven't really.

  • The hot tub is the best reward ever after a run. I'm glad I've finally found a reward that doesn't involve food.

  • The hot tub is significantly less crowded on weeknights than on Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment