16.11.08

Liz Trains for a Marathon

I've officially started training for the Marathon next October. I was able to find a Marathon Training Schedule online that looked pretty reasonable. But that's not what I'm doing. Right now I'm on the Build up plan which builds up to the marathon training program.

Miles today: 4.3
Miles this week: 4.3

Lessons learned:
  • It's too freakin' cold to stop. Ever. And on Sunday mornings, there's not many people out so it's really peaceful out.


  • Whenever I run in the cold, I freeze for the rest of the day. Does anyone else have this issue? Discuss.


  • I'm going to need more cold weather gear. Good thing I bought that stuff yesterday and did laundry today.


  • Days like this are the perfect day for a hot tub. (My membership at the Y just got a whole lot more valuable.)


I actually did go to the Y after running. I lifted some weights and then, sure enough, got in the hot tub. And it was wonderful. And I wasn't really as cold as I normally am for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment