8.11.08

Counting down

T minus 5 posts until I reach the 1,000 post milestone.

It's been a big week. This election was by far my favorite one that I got to vote. I woke up at 5:20am on Tuesday and leaped out of bed. I was really excited to vote. I actually went to the Y and exercised. Then I picked up my mentee and took her to vote with me. I had her fill out my ballot. To all of you freaking out (because my ballot will be re-counted in the Minnesota Senate Race), it was my vote, I told her how to vote, and I'm allowed to have help filling out my ballot. But in four years, she'll be able to vote for Barack Obama herself.

We waited in line for an hour to vote. I've never seen the line go out of the gymnasium before. Tuesday it was all the way across the ball field. Dad said he had to wait in line in Cincinnati too. We agreed that it's our favorite line we've ever waited in. After that, I took my mentee to school and went to work where I had a hard time concentrating.

The rest of the week was slow by comparison. Today I did manage to leave my apartment long enough to go to the Y and run. Who turned on the winter? That's right, it's snowing outside. This is prime running season so I need to get into good enough shape that I can do a long run in the cold. Today at the Y, I realized that for the month of January, I'll be doing a lot of indoor running. That's partly because it's January in Minnesota and I don't have that many options. It's also because January is the month everyone becomes a member of the Y and it's kind of hard to get on the machines then.

What else have I been doing?
  • Lately, I've become addicted to on-line puzzles at Jigzone. It's mostly because I can't just sit and watch TV. I have to be doing something else at the same time. Try the "240 Piece Squares" cut for some long lasting entertainment.

  • We also just passed Halloween which is my least favorite holiday. For those of you who do like it, here's another use for all that candy. Be warned, when I opened this page, I didn't think it was candy on the calendar.

  • Do you shop at one of the 10 healthiest grocery chains in the US? Super Target? One of my favorite things about Super Target is that I can reliably and easily get Chicken Sausage there, something not even my co-op can boast.

  • I always remember Kelly getting these "eye twitches" that she couldn't stand. Why? Here's one possibility. Kelly, the last time I remember you having these, you weren't married yet, not even sure if you were dating Eric. Hopefully they're not a problem anymore.

  • Best caption of the Vice Presidential Debates. Ever.


Speaking of President Elect Obama, here's my favorite reads about him and the election:

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had eye twitches for a while, but a few weeks ago I picked up a lip twitch that's really annoying. It's mostly gone away now, since the stress of school is winding down, but it was a really weird feeling. In my family (my mom's side, from which I inherited the twitchy eye), twitches are all about stress.

    ReplyDelete