15.9.08

The good old runners high

It turns out I get stronger after I've been running for a while, further proof that I'm a distance runner. Sorry to my good friend Amanda who is an amazingly fast sprinter. (Every time we run together she humbles me with her speed.) I ran 6.5 miles today. No, seriously, I did. Check it out. (PS - I really am not fond of the "draw the route" feature inside the Nike+ site. It works great on roads but so many of my runs are on paths that are hard to see on satellite images and take forever to draw with that big fat red line. Boo.) Now, technically I ran it in like 12:19 miles, but as you can see from the run, that's not totally accurate. There's one hill I allow myself to walk up (the 10k course I'm practicing for is all flat) and all three times I crossed Cedar I had to wait for cars for a while. (Anyone who doesn't live around here is trying to figure out why I crossed the same street three times. Heh heh.)

In other news, I found some great things on the web today.
First, a freakish number of you are teachers or interested in being teachers, so you'll need to know why teenage girls are acting "sexier".
Second, many of you work in offices where this product is both handy and unlikely to get tossed out in a refrigerator purge.
Third, for all the geeks, closeted and not closeted this is for you.
Fourth, many of you have indicated an interest in our environment. In fact one friend often chooses who to vote for based on that issue. So See how Senators McCain and Obama answered the same questionnaire from the Scientists and Engineers for America. I haven't read it yet so I have no biased comments to add. Although it seems like Houston's got more of a cold problem than global warming right now. Surely this is because Ike knocked out power to, well, everything. Including my parent's house in Ohio. No, seriously.
And finally, further proof that I should, in fact, run a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment