2.9.08

After a weekend of not running

After a weekend of no running, I ran today in anticipation of running a 10k. One training program said I should run 3 miles today and the other 10k training program said I should be running 4 miles today. Really it's good to have both programs to look at. I don't really want to run 5 times a week, I like my knees too much to do that but the other program doesn't seem to be intense enough.

Today I split the difference. I ran 3 miles on the Y track which I thought was going to kill me. It was I think mentally tough because I usually just run sprints on that track so there's always walking after a lap or two. So after the third mile, I ran sprints for the fourth mile.

Then later, I went back to the Y at the end of the evening. It's always easier to work out a second time in the evening for some reason. It feels like anything I do puts money in the bank. So if I don't do a super-hard workout, I'm still making an investment. Today I just did the elliptical and lifted weights.

I'm thinking about running tomorrow, it all hinges on what time I wake up and how I feel. I can wake up early and run outside in my neighborhood. The upside to this option is that I get a longer run in and I can eat breakfast at home. I can sleep only slightly longer and run sprints at the Y. The upside to this is that I get to sleep in longer and I'm closer to the interstate when I go to work.

I'm also thinking about running a marathon. Like next year at this time, I could run the twin cities marathon. If I had a year to train, I might be able to do it. I'm not sure what will actually spur me into training for a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment