10.8.08

Still running, going faster

Friday night I went for a walk with a friend and then we ate at the Birchwood, an awesome place, any time of the day. Then we watched some of the opening ceremonies. The Tai Chi was my favorite. The printing press and drummers were really cool too.

Saturday morning my mentee and I ran in the Irish for a Day 5k. It was not fun. I knew it wasn't going to be, I was having panic attacks all night the night before. After the race we had a nice discussion about setting goals and challenging ourselves. Basically we agreed that goals should be difficult and challenging but possible to accomplish.

Saturday afternoon, well I know I went grocery shopping. Mostly I watched the Olympics. I heart Michael Phelps and Dara Torres. The summer olympics are particularly fun for me to watch because I've played so many of the sports (gymnastics, swimming, running, tennis, soccer, basketball and baseball). Altough I only played basketball and baseball briefly.

Sunday morning I went for a 4 mile run and went faster than I thought I would. I ran under 11:00 miles the entire time. I didn't think I was going to do that. Woops. As I was walking around the lake on the way home, I ran into Sue so I walked back around the lake with her. I think, altogether I went about 8 miles. Amanda and I went out for brunch afterwards. Then I came home and slept.

For the second week in a row, I'm not talking to my parents on Sunday night because they have plans. They are sitting with the mom of a friend of the family. She's in hospice and is really sick.

While you're reading and enjoying the olympics, something
For Kelly: Shrinky dinks are a threat to national security. I've seen those Medco locks, they're freaky.

For Amanda: Make Vista faster. Hope it's helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment