21.8.08

almost blogging while drunk, near miss

There was almost an edition of “blogging while drunk” last night but I desisted in favor of the US Women’s Beach Volleyball team who won successfully defended their gold medal. Congratulations!

Yesterday, I went to work and then drove to Milwaukee. Many of you know that I have a history of driving from Minneapolis to Cincinnati and back which is 12 hours. The thing about a five hour drive it should feel short but it really doesn’t. Apparently, there’s no amount of endurance that can make me not feel tired from driving that long.

Yesterday, I ate roughly like a slug. It was kind of embarrassing. I ran in the morning. And then I got to the hotel. And it is nice. They had an exercise room so I jumped on the elliptical for 45 minutes and wore myself out. Then I went to the restaurant and had a Caesar salad and two beers for dinner (hence the possibility of blogging while drunk).

This morning I went back to the gym and jumped back on the elliptical. By the way, there are treadmills and elliptical with little television screens right on the control pad so everyone in the gym can watch their own television show. I have seen the future and it is good. I also lifted weights because my arms were feeling seriously neglected in all the working out.

Right now it’s lunchtime at this training I’m at. I just want you all to know that I am not an extravert. Just being in the same room as all these people and listening to their conversations is enough interactions for me.

I did have a nice lunch with a lady from Madison whose daughter is a student at the U. I will have no idea what to do when I am the same age as my colleagues. It will be odd for me to work with people who don’t have kids my age. (Right now everyone thinks I’m young because I’m typing this on my laptop. At least they can identify a laptop.)

No comments:

Post a Comment