13.7.08

What was my weekend like?

Saturday was the day of no roads being open here in South Minneapolis so I stayed in and... well slept and read mostly. Around 6:00 I went for a nice walk around Lake Nokomis and then to the bank to deposit a check. I came back and wouldn't allow myself to shower (which I really needed) until the house was clean. It was a good strategy. The home cleaning and showering both got done. I also shopped online for a computer AC adapter for Amanda (hope that got worked out). I think ultimately she needed one faster than it could ever be mailed so she was forced to make a deal with the devil buy one from Best Buy.

Sunday, I was a little more productive. I ran and then walked. Eight weeks ago I set a goal at the Nike+ site to run more often. Today I also accomplished my goal of running 16 times in 8 weeks. I counted the attic cleanings as a run. (Honestly they were more like five runs, either way it was well earned.) While I was running, I realized I have to start running hills. Like now. It's the only training I really do for the Milk Run but it's important because the first two miles of the race are up hill.

I also went grocery shopping and cooked my lunch for the week, Quinoa Tofu Salad. Obviously, I took liberties with the ingredients because tomatoes don't go in my food (or anyone else's right now really) and cucumber doesn't belong in anything that has to last a whole week. But I'm at the point in my cooking where I have enough in my freezer that I could have a few different things to eat this week. Exciting. Sadly, the tupperware hasn't caught up to the "freezing a ton of food at once" so I may need to visit Target sometime soon.

Other than that, it's been a slow day so obviously I've had plenty of time these past couple days to find good stuff on the web, and find it I did:

No comments:

Post a Comment