21.7.08

No one knows why I thought it was a good idea...

But I wound up working out twice today. Although the second time was sort of an impulse.

I woke up and went to the gym. I did the stair climber in honor of the big hills I run up in August at the Milk Run. It still kicks my butt. I didn't know my arms could sweat.

After work my mentee wanted to take a friend with her tonight. There was some confusion and I thought she wanted to go swimming so I was in my bathing suit with a shirt and shorts over it. We met another mentor/mentee match and walked around Lake Nokomis. Ultimately the water was closed because of a high bacteria count. Although people still had their kids in the water.

After dropping my mentee off, I realized that I had all the equipment I needed to go for a swim at the Y. For like a really swim workout. So I did. I swam a 1600 (yards) which is 64 laps. My whole body is like jello. And I keep trying to convince myself that I'll wake up early tomorrow to take a shower so I don't have to do it tonight. Really I keep trying to convince myself I run tomorrow morning. I hope I do. I have to meet someone at 8am for coffee. Mmmm. I can taste it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment