22.7.08

More from the wastelands of time internet:

Great visuals:
  • No one knows how its head got in there. Poor cat. Safe for work.

  • Breakdown of federal lands by state. You can clearly see the west was the least settled when Teddy Roosevelt started making national parks left and right. I'm mildly surprised Kentucky isn't higher. It was Mammoth Cave National Park (one of the four caves turned into a national park) and some national forests.




Health and Fitness related:




Race:
  • Women seem to care more about race in relationships than men. Though the author is surprised, I am not. It's kind of a long article but it's interesting. I once dated a guy who was not the same race as me and we did talk about kids once or twice. I wasn't bothered that kids would be biracial. I was worried the kids wouldn't care about the part of the heritage that has to do with my race. And I was worried how my extended family would treat them. Ultimately it didn't work out with the guy for other reasons. He did write me the other day though...

  • And the follow up, Which city in the US is the most racist: a readers poll. Really interesting. I'd draw your attention to comment 49. I am not surprised. Heh, Kentucky.




Miscellaneous:

No comments:

Post a Comment