6.7.08

I am powerful

At least that's how running makes me feel. It was so hot today I'm happy I found the motivation to run. Thanks to the YWCA for the air conditioning.

Other things I did today include:

Bank to deposit a couple of checks. There's a new Wells Fargo location right by the YWCA but the ATMs aren't nice. They don't have pens or a place to write, which makes signing the checks and writing on the deposit envelope most interesting.

Shopping at my co-op where I spent a little more money than I meant too. I bought toffuti "ice-cream" sandwiches in a moment of running induced hunger. I'll let you know how those turn out. I got mint chocolate chip.

Swimming because it was so hot outside I nearly passed out every time I left air conditioning. Yeah pool!
Laundry when I wasn't in the pool. When the clothes came out of the dryer I had to lay them flat on the bed to let the heat dissipate before I could hang them up.

Television and movies. Wimbledon was exciting to watch this year. I'm a closet Roger Federer fan but Nadal is really quite likable. I was also watching some Harry Potter movies and 10 Things I Hate About You was on TV.

Cooking. This is where I spend the bulk of my day. I made Turkey Apple Picadillo and coconut creamed corn (one of my vegan dishes for the week) for my lunch. Those are all packed and ready to go. I made Kik Alicha a yummy Ethiopian dish (also vegan) for dinner tonight, I'll probably have more tomorrow. And I made a whole bunch of Wheat Berry and Lentil Salad or as I refer to it, vegan protein salad and froze it. I can have it for lunch a few times either this week or next. It's nice to have frozen stuff like that in reserve in case I get sick of the main lunch I've made for the week. Although, Turkey. Yum. I almost made a corn with mushrooms and bacon but I behaved.

As you can imagine, it took me a while to clean up after all that cooking. I'll run the dishwasher tonight. The beautiful thing is, I usually only have to run it once a week. After I cleaned the kitchen, I hung up all that laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment