27.5.08

Day 25

Almost to the end here. I did a lot of... well I didn't do a whole lot today so my good deed was small to match.

Something woke me up (on my day off) at 7:00am. It was like the whole building was shaking. But it was very clearly coming from the floor above me and somewhere above my bathroom. Could have been a machine, powerwasher, demolition machine of some kind, I have no idea.

It went off for about 20 minutes so then I fell back to sleep and woke up at 10am. (It just seemed right.) I spent a long time reading Amber Spyglass.

Then it seemed like time to go exercise. I did the elliptical at the Y and then more leg strengthening exercises. I was sore when I left. In an hilarious moment, Amanda had left me a message (while I was exercising) to bring my running gear to her house later on.

I went grocery shopping and then came home and took a shower, cooked my lunches for the week and headed off to Amanda's. Kelly had arranged for us to make shrinky dinks. I'm still perfecting the technique. I'd think I'd like to plan out my strategy and then try it again.

Then Amanda and I did run. Here for more information. I'm glad I didn't just call and say I was to tired.

After running Amanda and I discussed many things including grocery shopping which lead to my good deed for the day. I was talking about not buying meat (I look the other way for Turkey Bacon) and how it's actually less expensive. The vegetarian sources of protein, other than tofu, are very inexpensive. Lentils are $1.50/lb and split peas are $0.99/lb. Black beans and garbanzo beans are similarly priced. Amanda asked for a recipe I'd made before, Wheat Berry Chili which is actually totally as long as there's no cheese. So I sent it to her when i got home from our run. As a bonus, this is what I'm having for lunch this week. I've decided that anything vegan I eat has to be loaded with protein and carbs can't hurt either. Otherwise I feel like I'm going to starve around 3:30 or 4:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment