10.3.08

It's actually been a nice day

I woke up kind of late. This whole "spring forward" thing is just not my cup of tea. That's why, when I went around the world, I went in the direction where we had to "fall back" every couple of nights. Nice.

In the middle of work I got a check (Thanks Dad) and paid off the short term loan I owed on my kitchen. Now there's just that pesky mortgage to pay.

After work I went to the dentist. I've decided I like this dentist and I rarely feel that way about dentists. He figured out something was wrong with my mouth that other dentists have denied for years. It has to do with atypical spacing between two of my teeth. It's always driven me up a wall. This is the first guy to say, "yeah, that's a problem". Thank you.

And then I ran around Lake Nokomis. Slowly. It was kind of cold and windy. It's possible I ran like a 12:00 mile for most of it. Did I mention it was cold? I didn't want to go too fast and have to suck down all that cold air at once. I had a friend who tried that and wound up with exercise induced asthma. Yick. It felt nice to run outside. I really like running outside. The track at the Y is not so interesting to me, but outside is always a good time. Plus I got to wear the nice cold weather running shirt my parents got me for Christmas. This is how I looked (and felt) after the run. It's been a while since I've had a nice picture up here.


After the run I had a moderately low-carb meal. I still feel hungry. I had my rendition of salmon picata (which is salmon, shitake mushrooms and capers) and an artichoke. Yum. A bowl of cereal sounds so good right now but I'm trying to be strong. I'm also considering going to the Y in the morning since I won't get to go tomorrow night. That way I can justify eating Green Mill as well.

A couple of things I'd like to pass on before I go:
Are smart people drawn to the arts? Finally, a look at the difference between correlation and causation. Fascinating. As someone who played several musical instruments and did art projects from a very young age, I can see the impact it had on me. Music made math in particular much easier because it was another way of seeing patterns in numbers.

One good thing about all the Republicans coming this summer? You know what I just realized? The convention and the state fair are going to be at the same time. Maybe that's when I should plan my vacation. I'm thinking either Alaska, New York or Yellowstone. Although San Fransisco is always a good time too. Hawaii would be nice. Is it their hurricane season then too? Or is that just the Caribbean?

No comments:

Post a Comment