12.2.08

Too many tabs open

Usually, when I see a story I want to share, I mark it as a permanent tab (see the permatabs extension for Firefox) so that I can save tabs across sessions. I've got far too many tabs open right now which means I haven't posted in forever. Woops.

My next vacation spot? I wonder where that really is.
All the ways health insurance tries to screw you Some little known facts about your insurance.
Knitting projects for Kelly and Amanda. I'm sure a baby you know would like a Mario Pillow or a PacMan hat.
Read about the worlds six smallest countries. Hilarity ensues.

Now I want to say a word about the political events in this country. Many people have asked me who I voted for or came to discoveries of their own that will impact their political choices in November. I was poking around and found this forty-minute video (which is safe for work if you can watch a video of any kind at your job). It's a speech Sen. Obama made in 2006 at a Church (I believe in Chicago). It's a very interesting speech about the role of faith, spirituality, religion in people's lives, and the best way to incorporate those values into politics. It's quite an eloquent statement. If you don't have 40 minutes to spare, there's excerpts and comments over on the Digg page. Ignore the title of this Digg page, that's not what the video is about.

I was really moved by this video, and I agreed with most of what Sen. Obama had to say, particularly about the level of respect that needs to be brought to the table when discussing these issues. I also like the part in the beginning where he talks about his faith and why it's important to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment