15.1.08

Lizzie = Exhausted

The appraiser is coming tomorrow and it seemed like the best thing to do would be to have a clean apartment for the occasion. So I cleaned. And cleaned. And began to wonder when exactly I last scrubbed my tub. (I gave up thinking about that. Should I be alarmed I can't recall?) I don't think I'd vacuumed in a while either. It felt good. And the place looks great. Good enough that I'll at least be able to have someone over to take pictures of it.

While preparing my house (and working and stuff), I've found lots of fun things on the internet to show you.
Great comments about computers, some of which I understand. When it gets into programming languages, my eyes glaze over. Sorry. I wish I knew more about that. Totally don't.

We make fun of people not knowing how to sit on the toilet but I've actually been places where the apparatus was so totally unfamiliar to me that I did need a diagram. In India they had convenient foot pads so I at least knew which way to face. In Africa there was just a hole so I could do pretty much whatever I pleased. But Japan, China and Vietnam were baffling. Japan seemed the worst because it was the first time I'd ever experienced anything that looked like that. And back in Africa, where there are holes, the Africans did sometimes repeat what's in the NOT picture there. Ahh, memories.

I love it when the University of Minnesota is in the news for something awesome.

Store names for those of us who are easily amused. I love what happens when words mean one thing in a language and a totally different thing in English.

The best picture on any digg page I've ever seen. I laughed out loud for two minutes. Oh, boy. I'm about to start laughing again. Safe for work.

Baby Jesus now a shark. Wait. What?

And finally, I read these two stories on the local news page. The first one is just a goofy story about some yokel who built a really powerful bomb, especially for an amateur. A quarter-mile? But this story shows why it's really funny. If anyone would have been killed, there would have been a Darwin Award for sure. Hee hee. Oh. Wow. It's almost as good as that picture up there.

1 comment:

  1. That story about the U of M has been on their main page for a while. Turns out they are pretty pleased with the news as well! It is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete