13.1.08

Dreams and other fun stuff

In doing my Year in Review post, I realized the great number of posts that were meme based in the beginning of 2007 and how those dwindled down over the year. Probably because once the homework and the papers were done, it was fun to write again.

I'd also like to mention a recurring dream I have. Not so much one dream as many different dreams around a recurring theme. Get your mind out of the gutter. I keep dreaming about going back to Africa. And in every dream, I really want to be there and I'm excited to go. Every time the arrival is hard, everyone knows I left suddenly in the past, but once I get there and get settled, I'm always happy to be there any everyone else is happy to have me. Not that I've bought my plane ticket yet. But I told my mom there might be a time when I'm ready to go back. And then we discussed my mental health. I'm really much better than I was then. Plus I can hypnotize myself now. What a treat. Don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

Now, for a little blast to the past, a couple of meme's that looked worthy of my time. First, The Friday Five:

What is your favourite fruit? Passion Fruit. Hands down. Now, if anybody sees passion fruit within driving distance of Minnesota, I need to be alerted at once. Because it is yummy and I miss it.
What is the last book you read? I'm in the middle of Great Expectations. Before that, I'm sure it was Harry Potter related.
Do you like any of your school photos? Not many. Although I like the pictures that's on my U of M ID.
Do you ever blowdry your armpits to get the deodorant to dry quicker? ::blank stare::
What was the last film you watched? Pride and Prejudice. Still, anyone want to admit causing destruction to my DVD? I cannot figure out what happened to it. Lucky I have the other Pride and Prejudice too, or I would have been most disappointed. Wow, who's watched too much Jane Austen and read too much Dickens?

And, for my personal pleasure, The Saturday 8:
1. did you go out for new year's this year? No. I sat on my couch all alone and ate pizza and drank beer. It was great. It was the first time I'd had pizza delivered to anywhere I've lived in Minnesota.
2. did you do any travelling during the holidays? Yes. I'll refer you to posts here, here, here, here, and here for the plane story for more information.
3. what was the best gift you gave this holiday season? I think the pictures from the orchard and the chicken pictures were the most from my own interests to the interests of the receiver, so I was glad to give those. The stuff I gave to my parents was cool too. They use their cookbook a lot.
4. the best gift you received? For some reason I can't stop wearing this gray fleece and playing with legos. I don't know what the attraction is.
5. are you off of work on MLK, Jr. day? if so, any plans for the long weekend? This is a bit of a pickle for me. Where I grew up, if you were going to work on Martin Luther King day in a non-retail/service/entertainment capacity, you might as well walk around under a sheet burning crosses on people's lawns. It was disrespectful not to stop and honor that day somehow. So I'm really troubled by the number of agencies that have come to my attention in this state that don't take off MLK day, and don't do anything to acknowledge the importance of the day. On that day, I have a meeting with a family which I must attend in my capacity as a professional, and I'm not the least bit bothered by it. Even if it is an hour away. But I really don't want to go to the regular office afterwards. I'll feel like I've just set civil rights back 60 years. ::Steps off soap box::
6. did you make any new year's resolutions this year? if so, what are they? if not, why not? No. I already have a gym membership.
7. a look back - what was the best thing about 2007? Graduation was certainly a high point. Also, just hanging out and having a good time.
8. a look back - what was the worst thing about 2007? One of the hardest things I did was leave my job at the museum. I know it was the right time to go. But that job was an absolute blessing. My heart was always happy with those kids. I wonder if I'll ever do anything like that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment