13.1.08

A big bowl full of yummy and other stuff I did this weekend

This weekend, I was a hermit. I'm noticing that any weekend when Amanda works I turn into a hermit. I'm not opposed to the situation. I'm just saying, I've noticed it. I did go out of the house both days but those were quick events. Saturday morning I realized I needed soda (and coffee). I also realized it had snowed over night. After I got home with the coffee and soda, I didn't see another person all day.

I tried to watch Pride and Prejudice but I faced some difficulty. Would anyone like to admit that they borrowed my DVDs and got something sticky on one of them before returning it and hoping I just wouldn't watch that one? If not, it must have been my fault. But I really don't have anything that sticky in my house that would wind up on my DVD. Seriously. Anybody want to blame a former roommate just for old times sake?

Anyways, the more fun DVD to watch is really the second one. So it was ok. But not even two or three passes with windex got this gunk off disc number one. Although I'm hopeful much more of it will be watchable now that I've made my cleaning efforts.

I also played with my legos. Thank you. I took apart the bulldozer and built the crane that was on the cover. It's quite a contraption. I decided I need more legos. Then I looked at my bank account. I'm lucky I have enough food to eat right now. Buying a house is big bucks. Wow. Legos will have to wait.

Today, I tried to take a shower. It was met with mild success. As it was, I took the coldest shower I've ever taken without meaning to have water that temperature. (Not for that. Remember, I run outside in the summer.) I don't know what's up with the hot water in the building. I decided that tomorrow I'm going to the Y in the morning so I'll just get ready there. The real excitement at the Y centers on whether or not I'll get a hair dryer. Exciting.

I did go to the Y today but I just walked around the track. I saw this woman who used to be my boss. I didn't say hi to her. She was talking with someone else. I didn't feel like stopping. I actually liked her as a boss.

While walking I was listening to car talk when I heard a caller from White Bear Lake Minnesota who accidentally set his car on fire and was most hilarious in telling the tale. I'm glad people don't mind that I laugh out loud with headphones on while I'm at the track. Otherwise they'd think I was weird.

When I got home Jenny called me and let me know that this week on PBS is Jane Austen week. Tonight was Persuasion which I've never read. I'm not sure if any of my favorites will make an appearance. I haven't looked.

And I made my wheat-berry lentil bowl full of yummy soup. I told my mom that I'm going to try to have at least one meal I make every week be vegan. I can't stop eating yogurt for breakfast (or drinking lattes) but I will make a difference in smaller ways. At least I'm not still eating cows. Yes, I know milk and yogurt both comes from cows. Quiet.

And I totally skipped Brothers and Sisters tonight. It was a good show but I just wasn't that interested. Instead I wrote to you all and told you of my cold shower.

Now I'm thinking of going to continue reading Great Expectations which I've been trying to get through for a while. Pip's just got to London.

1 comment:

  1. If you're talking about the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, I borrowed that, but only watched about half an hour of the first DVD before I died of boredom and ugliness. I would never leave anything sticky on it, but if one of my old roommates got their hands on it...

    Of course, if you're talking about the new Pride and Prejudice, I have my own copy, and thus this is none of my doing.

    ReplyDelete