6.12.07

Warning: You are being used

I'm using my blog to avoid cleaning. I've needed to clean since (the beginning of time?) at least the weekend when I kept having to go to work. So I'm going to clean before bed tonight. I keep making head way and then loosing ground again.

Last night instead of cleaning I talked to Kelly. Who was going to the gym. Which made me think I should do that sooner or later too. I've only gone once this week and walked. And listened to Car Talk which is not a bad way to spend an hour. Tuesday night I was stuck in my car, and it took me an entire episode of Car Talk to get home. That was not fun.

Also yesterday I went to the doctors office where I learned they no longer give antibiotics for sinus infections. I am now reduced to hacking up technicolor goo until my body heals itself. At least today was better than yesterday. And I like that the doctor is actually continuing to read the research. Good for him.

Today there was some mild panic in the morning because of more snow. (St. Paul thought it was serious enough to declare a snow emergency. I wish Minneapolis would do that because our roads badly need to be plowed. Some of them.) I did wind up doing some traveling but only after the snow had stopped. I wound up working a long day too.

After I got home I was thinking about going to the gym (but not convinced I would actually go) when Amanda called me. We made plans that gave me the extra little push to get my butt to the gym. I did the rowing machine and the stair master which made me all sweaty for my later activities. Then I went and had dinner with Amanda at Saigon. Sadly that restaurant has to move. But they don't know their new address? This does not sound good.

Then Amanda and I went to Target and she kindly showed me some of the things she'd like for Christmas. Which I may or may not have by Saturday. I thought of another gift, but I need a second opinion. It's one of those "this could be really good or really bad" kind of things. And it has a bunch of boxes. Many. Tons. Hee hee.

Also, I found some great stuff on the web the past few days:
  • I've talked about working with a lot of people who are Jewish. And it's been my privilege to learn about diet and how to keep kosher. But even before this experience, there were some things I knew about kosher laws. Which makes me wonder, "what were they thinking?"

  • A plethora of Weird Shoes. Let it be known I almost made a joke about shoe sizes here, but heard the voices of reason which oddly sounded just like Amanda and so am choosing not to do that.

  • There are two great quotes on Overheard in Minneapolis today. This is almost my worst nightmare. And if I didn't know the address was no where near her, I could imagine Kelly saying this. Yum. (And then I thought about the comment and other comments I have made to Kelly, and this just made me think of you because the girl likes guacamole and not anything else.)

  • One of the best typos that closed caption has ever given us. Mildly unsafe for work. But hilarious. I linked to the digg page and not the real thing. The comments are funny too.

  • And finally, in an act of stupidity, and just to show their total lack of technical savvy, the House voted on ways to make WiFi "safer" by putting ridiculous mandates on people who operate public WiFi. Without committee votes. Or hearings. Now most of the time, I'm all for keeping stuff away from the hands of a committee, but at some point, a hearing with some expert testimony would have highlighted some of the inherent problems with this plan. I'm just saying, if you're going to legislate WiFi and internet hot spots, could ya try one first?

No comments:

Post a Comment