12.12.07

Of course I've found fun stuff

Of course I've found tons of fun stuff on the internet since last I've written.

Time Magazine has released its 50 Top 10 Lists of 2007. I'd like to direct your attention to the lists for Shirt-worthy slogans (which are technically a fashion don't, and how far from the pack have you gone if I'm the one pointing out the fashion mistake?) and the Most popular stories of the year.

Anatomy of credit card numbers is a great little piece if you're curious about the different numbers on your card and how they're picked. Apparently it's not random, and it's not like an odometer. Fascinating.

There was a web page with great bathroom signs, but this one which is safe for work made me laugh the most. Ha ha. This has to be in the guys room. No girl would stand for this.

The five computer uses IT people meet in hell. I was looking for myself in there. I think I'm in between the 20-something whiz kid and the "know it all". I'm more like the ideal user in that I recognize when I'm in over my head, or when I'm likely to get in over my head.

Good news for all of us: Adult brain cells continue to grow. Sweet.

Lifehacker is listing its ten most improved applications of 2007. I still haven't made peace with Joost but I'll work on it.

And finally, my favorite show is conducting it's Search for the messiest home in America for the second year. Some of the videos are ok. But some have great entertainment value. I'd like to direct your attention to the "Franz Home" for sure. Hee hee.

I'll leave you with an update on Pop and Drop. I have successfully conquered all levels available to me without paying. I can't do it regularly, but I have done it more than once. I'm now able to get to level 8 or 9 fairly consistently. Before Thanksgiving I could barely make it to level 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment