20.12.07

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas

It's beginning to feel like the holidays despite the fact that I found out I have to work on New Year's Eve. My bags are packed. Plans for parking the car are completed, and my ticket is printed. Also, the lights on my Christmas Tree are on. Yea.

In the spirit of Christmas, I'd like to tell you about my new favorite song Driftwood. (Opens and mp3 with sound. Song is safe for work though.) It's by a band (?) called Travis. When I'm not listening to that song, I'm listening to Christmas carols and loving it.

Yesterday I had a rough day at work which led to my needing a Mocha Latte around 4pm. Hence, when I arrived at Doolittles at 7:30 I was very much in the mood for something salty. And a bacon cheeseburger seemed to fit the bill nicely. And beer. Yum. I went out with some people from grad school. I love seeing them because they're fun to hang out with but also because it's a nice reminder that I'm not the only one who's still new and learning how to handle the job. And the food is great. I get a bonus for not getting sick from the beef yet.

Today I had a nice day at work. Then I went over to Amanda's and she chauffeured me to the Mall of America. We went watch shopping which was ultimately successful. Then we went appliance shopping which was more involved than either of us were expecting. It was quite helpful though. I learned I need to adjust my budget to allow for more spending on the dishwasher (which I use all the time) and less spending on the microhood combo. Amanda earned all the friend points tonight for her patience. I rewarded her with a crepe which was equally as yum as the bacon cheeseburger from the night before.

At the end of the night we stopped in Walgreens which sells "personal massagers" just, you know, out on the shelf. Where kids can reach them. Or read the package. I'm surprised no one has complained yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment