3.12.07

I thought I'd go to work on time today...

I thought I'd be good and go to work on time today. My body was having none of that. My body, also having none of doing the laundry or eating healthy. Woops.

I had a nice time at dinner last night with a guy who is just a friend. Despite my cousin telling me I either need a guy or a dog so I'm not alone all the time. I like living alone. I can do what I want, whenever I want. I can make a mess, and I cook what I want. I can eat what I want and no one can watch me and make me feel guilty. And I don't want a dog. They're hairy, smelly, and they chew on things.

Other than that, I've had a great day. Owing to some biological discomfort, I chose to walk rather than run today. And I listened to Car Talk. Gosh, I wish that show was one more than once a week. Hee hee.

I've also had plenty of time to poke around the internet and find lots of great things.

  • After my last trip home, I was pretty convinced my mom is a closet hoarder. Ironically, all the hoarding actually goes into a closet in the house too. I almost sent her this article: How to Cure Packrat-itis but she's in denial about how bad the problem is. The parts of the house other people see really do look good. The attic and some of the back closets are just ridiculous. But Mom's so out-of-control clean when it comes to messes and dirt and germs that everything is really organized, so it doesn't look like a clutterer lives there. By the end of my visit, I could really see how holding on to stuff slows her down and impacts all kinds of relationships (like hers and mine).

  • For my two college-student friends: How to BS and Succeed on Papers. Basically, it's ok to not know more than you know. But don't cheat. Ever.

  • A very clever picture. Safe for work.

  • Top Ten Uses of Duct Tape. Hee hee.

  • Do you hobbies make you psychic?

  • Even more reasons for me to never get a dog. A 12-inch knife? As safe for work as a story about dogs can be.

  • Top 8 Roads in the world I am least likely to travel on. 'Nuff said.

  • I've become slightly addicted to a game called Pop and Drop. I've made it to level 10. Today. That's after like two weeks of playing this stupid game. (Has sound but as games go, this one is as safe for work as solitaire.)
Also, Amanda, if you're reading this: Go to bed, it's late.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:22 AM

    Thanks for linking me. Much appreciated. :)

    Love & Gratitude,
    Tina
    Think Simple Now.
    ~ Clarity & Happiness

    ReplyDelete