2.12.07

Finally set free

It's Sunday. I've literally worked every day this week. Today I had to go to an event and help set up and welcome people and make sure everyone was having a good time. Only I didn't know anyone, certainly not any of the guests. And I didn't know the program. And I didn't know the building. Did I mention the event was for adults with developmental disabilities? So not talking with anyone it can look especially rude. Did I mention it was for a holiday I know nothing about? Did I mention I was supposed to schmooze. Yeah, that's right. I was in the seventh layer of hell. Maybe not the seventh, just the first or second, but still. I think several people reading this can empathize with my discomfort.

I didn't want to go to the event because I didn't want to drive? Lizzie, why not? Because Minneapolis, for reasons passing all human understanding, waited until today to declare a snow emergency so plowing doesn't start until tonight, even though all of the snow fell yesterday. Once I got off the side streets I was fine. The freeways, excepting one wild entrance ramp were fine as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment