15.12.07

Bloggin while drunk = A good thing Always

Kelly and I went shopping today and she thought it would be a good time to get me drunk. Probably owing from her experience of being able to drink for the two years when she didn't own a car and benefited from friends picking her up to go out to eat. First, I'd like to thank Firefox for underlining my (many) typos in the last two sentences so I can correct them before I post. Needless to say, I had a great time.

When I got in the car this morning, Kelly asked how I was and I explained that I was partially loosing my mind. Did I mention My ISP blows? I spent considerable time last night trying to get a shell (SSH) session started. I am now much more competent in the Mac OS terminal than I was before. Nonetheless, I still couldn't really git my bittorrent client and the proxy server to agree or communicate. Sad. I might need to also do something to my router. This is where I can get a little ahead of my knowledge and really screw something up by checking the wrong box.

Part of the problem I was having last night was in getting the computer to allow me to open the right port. So I thought, "I'll try this on Windows, where I can use a program with a GUI" and I got out my old computer this morning and set it back up. It felt really old to me. I installed PuTTY and Utorrernt and at least didn't get any errors when I opened my shell session. And then I went on my way downloading [legal] shows and the like.

And Kelly and I went shopping. Where I got fleece pants and a fleece top for myself, and work out pants for my mom. And a present for Amanda. I guess it sstill comes in multiple boxes. I enjoyed a sale at Bath and Body as well. And I bought a scarf at Old Navy. It was a big day for fleece all and all. I wonder how people got along before fleece was around. Hmm. Mystery.

And then we went to eat lunch at 3:30pm. After shopping all day. On coffee and an energy bar. And not getting hypoglycemic. And the girl put the drink menu right in front of me. After the first margarita, the second one really seemed like a good idea. I was quite worried about being able to walk out of the restaurant. Now I'm home safely enjoying myself and trying (still) to figure out why this thing downloaded in .rar instead of a quick time file. And how to teach my Mac to extract it.

I still feel crazy. At least now it's a good crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment