14.11.07

Digg is down so I'll find other ways to entertain myself.

First off, The Wednesday Mind Hump:
Name five things that are in your refrigerator and/or freezer right now.
1. Wheat berries
2. Green lentils
3. Veggie brother
4. Carrots
5. Red chard
Why yes, I am making soup. And yes, one of the people eating it is a vegetarian, hence the veggie broth.

And, in honor of yesterday, Ten on Tuesday
Ten Songs That Bring Back Memories (and why):
1. Gallows Pole by Led Zeppelin. It was one of my favorite songs to play when I lived in Africa. All the little kids in my family would come and dance to it.
2. Hallelujiah by Rufus Wainright. Similar reason. Also, "Hallelujah" is the same word in Chichewa so my family knew it and they liked the song too. That's really a cover of a Leonard Cohen song.
3. Anything from the Throwing Copper album. I had that album like way before Live was popular in Cincinnati. (They were probably already popular in every other part of the world, but things happen slowly where I'm from.) So I was always playing it when my friends were around.
4. Forever young by Rod Stewart was one I listened to a lot the first time I left the country.
5. Born to Fly. Reminds me of Kelly. And that church too, because we would sing it there. Ok, yeah, I'm free associating.
6. The Capitol Steps remind me of the time I did Presidential Classroom in high school. That was a good time.
7. A Night in Tunisia most commonly by Dizzy Gilespie reminds me of Jazz Band in high school.
8. The Star Wars and Mission Impossible themes remind me of the band I was in during high school Latex Penguin. How funny is it that their web page is still up? I was in it right in the beginning when we won the Battle of the Bands in Cincinnati. I'm one of the guitarist who got "kicked out" if you can find that on the web page. Really it was for the best. I had a great time being part of the band. There's also "Take it off him" and "Lucretia McEvil"... Man, this might be a whole different post.
9. The Electric Slide because it makes me think of Chris.

10. American Patrol because it reminds me of when I played the saxophone. It was my favorite piece for a while, and it was my audition song for when I went to that art high school. That didn't last long.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:26 PM

    How weird is it that I find this web page/blog, seeing as I was the guitarist who took over for you in Latex Penguin. I still find it odd that the old website Nathan created is still up (with sound files I might add).

    ReplyDelete