6.10.07

The Saturday 8

when was the last time:

1. you got money in the mail?
I got a check for $25 from the Science Museum returning the deposit from my parking card.

2. you sent a letter?
I send DVDs to Netflix all the time. And I send letters in the course of my job all the time.

3. you received a package?
Actually, recently I've been getting big packages left and right. Among the more exciting large things I've received in the mail: my 403b plan, health insurance plan, MSW degree and social work license.

4. you purchased stamps?
Oh, I still have 39 cent stamps. What are they up to now?

5. you had to wait in line at the post office?
At the end of August, I had to mail my iPod Nano rebate to Apple. I had to make sure we got the right postage on it.

6. you talked to your mail carrier?
This morning when he opened the door for me. My mail carrier looks like a hippie. He's really nice.

7. you didn't get your mail because somebody blocked your mailbox, you missed a mail/package delivery, your mail was delivered to the wrong place, etc.
I had this whole issue with FedEx in June where they wouldn't leave packages at my door even though I authorized it. Really the problem started with Apple since they insisted on mailing my packages to the incorrect address.

8. you gave your mail carrier a gift? what was it?
Are you supposed to do that in the US? I've heard of doing it on other countries. My dad had to tip the mailman in India just to get mail. On the ship I helped sort the mail specifically so I could get my mail early. I've never given my postmaster anything, although if he ever needed a glass of water after hauling around all those letters on a hot day, I'd be happy to oblige.

1 comment:

  1. For the record, your mailman DOES look like a hippie. He would charge you 41 cents to send a letter, and while it is by no means obligatory to give your postal delivery person a tip or gift, some people do anyway. Doesn't that break rules about federal employees getting gifts?

    ReplyDelete