7.10.07

More on the nutrition front

After all the research I did last night on eating eggs and other stuff, I poked all over the internet for other information. My conclusion: I think nutritionists should be more accessible to the general public. Wanna know what I learned?

The nutritional needs of men and women, because they're not the same. This article reminded me that it's important to have iron in my diet. My first thought? Darn, it's too bad I don't have any of those old iron skillets we cooked on when I was a kid. Best source of iron I ever had.

Iron Rich Foods. After remembering that I should be eating iron, I went to this page to learn that I eat no good sources of iron and all of the things that inhibit the uptake of iron. I think I might need to talk with someone about this.

10 Tips for Easy Weight Loss. The best thing about this article is the math problem that let me know how many calories I should be eating in a day. Figuring 60 minutes of light to moderate activity (read: walking and running) I need 2,685 calories per day. Seriously? No wonder I'm always hungry. The tip to loose weight is to subtract 500 calories from that total, which still puts me at 2,200 calories per day. Honestly, hungry all the time.

From there, I moved on to Protein needs for athletes. I need to eat 100g of protein every day. For some reason Turkey chili sounds really good right now. Hey, that has iron too.

Overwhelmed with nutrition information, I moved on to lighter subjects. 25 signs that you are a grown-up. Someone once told me that "if you have to tell someone you're an adult, you aren't". I really try to never say I'm an adult unless we're talking about legal drinking ages because of that advice.

Kelly, here's something to do with the cans from the coke you drink. Eric would look great in this. I have a feeling that he or his dad probably has a saw that could cut the cans how they need to be cut to accomplish that look too. Seriously, I thought of you right away when I saw this picture and I really don't know why.

The best Dilbert comic ever.

And finally, I want Dad to start a "Santa Run" for Northern Kentucky Legal Aid. How cool would that be?

No comments:

Post a Comment