8.10.07

It's the Monday Music Mambo

It's been a while since I've done this, but this one looked right up my alley.
Hello everyone! Today's theme is tube top day. Who wears tube tops? Women! So we'll change it to Rockin' Women Day.

Tell me your . . .

Favorite female (rock) singer
Mellisa Etheridge. I really started to like her when "Come to My Window" and "I'm the Only One" came out. She's a brilliant musician. I also like that she writes her own songs and she's an excellent performer.
Honorable mention: Sheryl Crow another outstanding performer.


Favorite female guitarist
Can I write myself in here? Hee hee. For now, I'm going with Corrine Bailey Rae who is a fantastic musician. I love her songs. Besides sounding great and having wonderful lyrics, they are written in a way that indicates she has had some musical education and background.

Favorite female bassist
I actually had to google this, and then I remembered that Sheryl Crow is actually a bassist as well as a guitar player. Usually if you can play one you can play the other to some degree. Other female bass players include Tracy Chapman, the girl from Sonic Youth, the only one I could think of, and my favorite Me'Shell Ndegeocello who I first heard of from a John Mellencamp song.


Favorite female singer from any genre
Joss Stone is the best blues singer ever and one of the only white girls who can truly pull off that style. Madeleine Peyroux brings the jazz. Amanda, you would love her music. Somewhat related to jazz is Norah Jones. From the country world, there's Martina McBride and Jo Dee Messina.

Finally, be daring and tell us who is the . . .
Queen Of All Music
That would be Mary J. Blige who has a beautiful and amazingly powerful voice. Filling out the court of music royalty will be the princess of songwriting Sarah McLachlan and the queen mum Joni Mitchell.

No comments:

Post a Comment