12.10.07

the Friday Five

1.If you could go back in time and change anything that has occurred in history, what would you alter and why?
I think I'd change me having to watch Ann Coulter's latest statement. That's really distressing to me. I'm not Jewish or Christian and it still feels dirty.

2.If your current life was to end today and in the next moment you were born again, where everything was the same as when you were actually born, however, you retained all of what you know from your first life, what would you do differently?
I would have stayed in Africa. I didn't have the tools to take care of myself while I was there, and I didn't get them until long after I came home. It's not a regret really. I couldn't have stayed. I just got such a bad vibe from the place I was supposed to live, and I was so sick by that time anyways. But I did like it there. Right now with looking for a mortgage and those things, I wonder if I'll ever do anything like that again. Some of the people in the peace corps were in their 30's and 40's. Some were even retired, so I guess there's still plenty of time.

3. If you could choose to become someone who has lived or who is living, who would you become and why?
I think it would be neat to be a Buddhist monk, just so my body could be trained to feel calm and peaceful all the time.

4. What do you feel is the most intense experience that is currently happening or may soon come to happen, that may "affect" our survival and what (if) any changes must occur, to continue our existence here?
The way we use our resources to generate energy. We're on the right track, looking for alternatives, but I also think it's clear that ethanol is not the answer. Sorry to farmers across the country.

5. Recalling your most earliest memories/awareness up to now, during your life so far name one thing that you consider a positive experience involving humanity now then from what you can recall in your earliest memories. Name one negative experience also.
For the positive and the negative, I remember watching my mom with her cousin Julie when Julie found out her lifelong friend had just died. I remember thinking that Mom had a really nice way of just being there, and being a comfort without really doing anything or needing anything. It was sad but also quite powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment