23.9.07

Let's play the game...

Let's the play the game where everyone finishes my sentences for me. Ready?

Liz, this "mashable" thing means.... Seriously, I keep seeing this all over the place. I don't get it. I think it's something about connecting data from two different web pages, but I don't get it. I think this is somehow related to Yahoo Pipes. Maybe I'll spend some time playing with that. It seems like with the amount of time I spend on the web, I should be able to make use of this service somehow. I just have to discover it, much like Del.icio.us which some of us fail to properly value.

Y'all did good on that one. Ready for the next one?
Liz, the best place to buy a new appliance is.... I'm trying to avoid Best Buy. Is Sears still good? I need to think about kitchen appliances. White kitchen appliances to be clear. Not cream. White. Not stainless steal. I'd do black too I guess. Black might be nice.
Liz, you can look at a black refrigerator at..... (Websites or stores will be fine.)
Liz, the meaning of this sign is...

I'm thinking we might need to play this game more.

While I was contemplating this game, I found some neat stuff on the web.

Speaking of "mashable" and that stuff, I found The 10 Google Services That Get No Love. I know Google Labs is really cool. One of the things you can do is see what searches are popular based on a specific geographic area (say Minneapolis). Like, in Minneapolis, the Science Museum of Minnesota got searched a lot during certain really popular exhibits. It'll probably be just as popular when Star Wars comes. Is it wrong that I'm totally looking forward to that? In my defense, I think it means some Cincinnati friends may come for a visit.

Did you know that T-Mobile will unlock an iPhone for me? Me neither. I wonder how long that offer will last. The sad part (for me) is that T-Mobile has the carrier contract in Europe. That's not helping me at all people.

When I saw the headline for this story I thought of a friend who is changing jobs. I felt really bad when I saw the picture though. Mildly amused too.

One of the ways Firefox is inferior. Gasp! That's really sad though, especially considering the number of pictures I look at when I'm browsing. Will they fix this in Firefox 3? Is this an issue in Internet Explorer? Yes, they have that for Macs, although no one knows quite why.

Another gift from Japan? Could be anywhere.

An add for an old laptop. Explain to me why anyone would name a laptop "wet dry". That's just tempting fate.

And the case for public transportation. I think this would be a great idea, especially given how much people in the Twin Cities pay per ride to use public transit. My personal nitpick with Metro Transit is that if a person doesn't have bus fare, the driver usually lets them ride for free. If a person doesn't have fair on the light rail, they'll get a $180 fine. That's just silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment