25.9.07

Great stuff I found today

1. Target's sales are down. My reaction: It's no shock their sales are down. Anyone in the Twin Cities who has tried to shop at a Target lately knows the same thing I do: they're all closed to be remodeled into Super Target stores. At one point in my life the Midway (St. Paul) and Edina Targets that I usually patronize were both closed and I had to watch them build another Target at Cedar and 66th that won't be open until October (at which point Angels will sing).

2. Another way not to kill the earth.

3. How much is organic worth? I wanted a bit more from this article. It explores how organic food is produced. I wish it would have explored the long term benefits of eating organic food (like a decreased risk for cancer) and potential savings in those areas against the cost of food.

4. Ways to improve your brainpower. I was excited to see I already do the first item, switching the mouse. I use a left-handed mouse at work and my right hand on the trackpad at home.

5. This story if for Kelly who is perpetually jealous of the amount of sleep I get. Too much sleep is as dangerous as too little. Also, I was jealous of the amount of sleep you got while I was in school for a long time.

6. I was all about these new light bulbs until today when I learned they have mercury in them? Can that be right?

7. Lucky 7 is for Amanda. 19 Technologies that changed nursing forever. Bonus points to anyone who can correctly pronounce number two.

8. I don't know why, but it's no surprise to me to learn that men are both smarter and dumber than women at the same time. Anyone else shocked? The guys I know can be wonderful and I'm really lucky to know them. But I have heard stories...

9. I saw the headline Saudi religious police attacked by girls and I thought, "it's about time they fought back". It's terribly American of me I know. It's also not a helpful reaction and not respectful of the culture. Nonetheless, I need to own that reaction. I think that things in the world are moving more towards my line of thinking and away from the other line anyways.

10. This title speaks for itself. I love BoingBoing.

11. Ten future web trends. Interesting to think about these things, most interesting to me is using the internet to go "hyperlocal" with GPS and similar technologies.

12. The most complicated logic puzzle ever. I think Cindee would be good at this. Hi Cindee, how is grad school by the way.

13. Pictures of the tallest buildings from every state in one skyline. It's a great picture. I'm happy to report I could pick out the tallest building in Minnesota quite easily. Not from Ohio. I'm sure Ohio's tallest building is in Columbus or Cleveland so I don't see it, maybe have never seen it. I could also pick out New York and Illinois but really, who couldn't?

1 comment:

  1. I get bonus points. I can properly pronounce that word. I can even correct the website's description. They are not correct in describing it. That word refers to all blood pressure cuffs, not just the kind that take your pressures automatically.

    ReplyDelete