7.8.07

Is it really still Tuesday?

I can't believe it's Tuesday still. It feels like I've done much too much work to not be farther in the week.

From Ten on Tuesdays
Ten Things You Will NEVER Do Again:
1. Height related things: Once when I was 5 Mom thought I would enjoy walking up a few floors of the (pretend) Eiffel Tower at King's Island and I freaked out. I was not into the how high that was. I just wanted down and my mom, who's not afraid of heights, did not understand.
2. Eat a raw tomato. It has happened before. I'd not like to repeat the experience.
3. Grad school. I have two friends who are going to go to grad school. One will be married. I always thought it would be nice to be in grad school and be married. I thought then, just once, I would be able to study and someone else would cook me dinner. I always thought that would have been wonderful.
4. Check luggage. I may do it again, I'm not opposed, but I try really hard not to have to check on luggage. Ever. It's removed so many hassles for me when I travel, especially when I fly out of Minneapolis because I can use the secret "Carry On Only" Security Check Point, and when I fly out of Cincinnati because I don't have to wait in that monster line.
5. Live with my parents. One can only hope. I always joke that I'm just waiting for the first sign of dribble on their chins to put them away in some retirement home. And I'm not ashed of it. If my parents really needed help I'd move home. After talking with Mom last night I was reminded why I won't live in that house again. Think no air conditioning. And Cincinnati is fairly far south. About the same as St. Louis. It's hot. They have one permanent window unit and several window units that they can take in and out (but never bother to put them in). It's my idea of hell.
6. Live in Mt. Adams (Cincinnati), Uptown (Minneapolis), or any other similarly situated neighborhood where finding a parking spot is about as likely as the US pulling out of Iraq.
7. I have a fear of Duluth in the winter. It's the hills. It's a sickness. (I really thought more of these would be related to heights and food.)


Apparently I'm not really ready to swear off too much stuff. Hmmm. Just grad school. We'll wait a while to go back and get a PhD.

No comments:

Post a Comment