31.7.07

workout update

Working out is going well so far. I ran 4 miles today in 41:16 which means I'm running a 10:19, which is really good for me, especially to sustain it for 4 miles. I'm beginning to see the point to running on a track. It definitely makes me run much faster than road running. It helps that I don't have to stop for traffic and other pesky things like that as well.

I have sort of decided that I'm sick of waking up and being tired all day. I need to start working out in the morning again. Tomorrow will be my first try at working out in the morning. We'll see how it goes. I think part of the reason I'm having a hard time getting up in the mornings is my job is really hard right now. I always thought Social Workers were sort of exaggerating about paperwork. They're not. Holy crap. I'm just starting to learn all the forms that are required. It's taking a while. I'd rather be doing other stuff.

Things that will help me get out of bed and be excited for the day tomorrow:
1. I am going to help a colleague I really like with the computer. We have an hour. I have a feeling we'll need to make another appointment.
2. I am done for now with the one file that was taking forever.
3. I get to see Michelle and Liz for dinner or dessert tomorrow, I'm not sure which. But since I'm seeing them after work, that even increases the need to wkae up early and run.

The Nike+iPod is still wildly off kilter. The next time I run around the track I think I'm going to put the sensor on my left shoe the inside shoe when running around the track and see if that makes a difference. I haven't been able to calibrate it yet. I'm nervous about this weekend. There's a seven mile run listed in my workout for Saturday. Yeah, ok. I've run that far before, but not for a while. I feel better now that I'm running more. But last weekend I skipped the 6 mile run in favor of having Sunday be my day off. This week I've adjusted work out days to allow for Sunday to continue to be my day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment