1.7.07

Watering Your Lawn and Other Random Thoughts

Watering the Sidewalk is a professional sport. All the pro leagues are in Florida, populated mostly by retired white men. Watering the Sidewalk season is from January to March or "Snowbird Season" in Florida. Usually when I see people in my neighborhood watering their sidewalks (in a misguided attempt to water the lawn) I find it troubling. It's bad for the environment in many different ways. However, yesterday I ran in the heat and discovered the benefits of my sidewalk watering neighbors. Thanks so much.

In other news, it's possible I asked a guy out. Not on a real date, I would know about that. But I specially invited him to do something with a group of friends. I had this weird moment with him the other night where I couldn't tell if there was an attraction or not, but it seemed like it was worth investigating at the very least. I'll let you know how it goes.

Nutrition: I think being a vegetarian, an not even a real vegetarian, I still eat birds and fish, is doing bad things to me. Here's one thing: I think I actually gain weight when I'm a vegetarian, but I only joined the Y and started weighing myself after that, so I have no real proof. I think however, I eat things that make me gain more weight because I'm not eating meat. I also think it's totally screwing up my protein intake and I have no idea what to do about it. I've tried strategies like drinking more yogurt and force feeding myself milk. I'm not sure if it's legitimate or if I'm all messed up from being on my period. It was one of those bad ones I only have a couple times a year.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:50 AM

    1) Way to be on asking a guy out! You are a brave girl!

    2) As a former vegetarian, here are my protein suggestions: eggs, cheese, tofu (especially good blended into a shake of some sort, so that you don't really know it's there but you're getting all the health benefits). You could even try the GNC protein powder - the boy did that while he was a vegetarian, and while it wasn't that yummy, it could be thrown in a shake like the tofu and used that way.

    ReplyDelete