8.7.07

That was some thunder..

We had quite a thunder storm here today. You know the thunder that shakes the house and your bones at the same time? One of those woke me up around 4:00 this afternoon.

Last night at the overnight I finished "In Her Shoes" which Kelly lent me possibly when I started grad school. The book definitely outshines the movie, although I kept picturing Cameron Diaz as "Maggie", even though she's described a little differently in the book.

I also RSVP'd to a wedding shower where I'd had the invitation for like, a month. I got to leave a message and not have to talk to anyone, which is exactly what I desired. Now I have to think of something to get. Since the person whose shower it is reads this blog, obviously I'm not keeping it secret. To you and the rest of the people who read this: Here's the thing. I know you're moving. I want to get something nice, but I don't want to give it to you until after you move because I remember helping you move last time. I'd just wind up carrying whatever I got you on my head down the largest most rickety staircase in the world on the hottest day of the year. But I'd like to have something nice for you to open on Saturday too, a little bit for you but also for me so I don't feel like the only bad friend who didn't get anything.

Next question, the Starbucks in the Macy's in downtown St. Paul, is that a real Starbucks that takes Starbucks gift cards or is it some coffee shop pretending to be Starbucks by saying "we proudly brew...." and not taking any Starbucks gift cards. (Kind of like the pretend Starbucks in Barnes and Nobles across our fair country.)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:32 PM

    I have all the answers you're looking for! OK, maybe not ALL, but the ones you asked aloud....

    1) You won't have to move whatever shows up at the shower because it's all going straight to the boy's house after the shower. Does that help? Also, you totally don't have to bring anything to the shower except your lovely self if that works for you. I will have plenty of things to open, and would just like you to be there. (I hope we don't have to play too many silly games - I have no idea what's going on, other than the menu, which my mom ran by me this afternoon, kind of as an afterthought. Just goes to prove that showers aren't always for the bride, but sometimes they're just an experience everyone wants to have.)

    2) The Starbucks in Macy's is a true Starbucks, but because they're attached to the Macy's they use the Macy's registers, so the don't take the card. Sucks, I know. But the Starbucks next to the Chipotle on 5th takes the card. So if you're looking to use a card, go to the one on 5th. If you're looking for good customer service, go to Macy's.

    Did that answer all your burning questions?

    Insert inappropriate comment about "your mom" and "burning" here.

    ReplyDelete