26.7.07

oh oh the poor ipod sensor

For sure the Nike+iPod doesn't work on the indoor track I use. It's not totally perfect when I use it outdoors, like maybe 100ft off or so. That's not noteworthy, I am a little short. Today on the indoor track it was .47 miles off. I think it's the running in circles that's doing it. I did run 3 miles at 10:18 miles. That's for sure the fastest I've ever run 3 miles. How exciting.

Since I only ran 3 miles, I figured, "hey, I should lift weights and work out a little longer". I've always wanted to start lifting weights a little bit because I keep reading how important strength training is for runners. For reasons passing all human understanding read: I have OCD I'm just not a fan of the free weights. I think partly because I don't know how to use them and I don't have anyone to spot me. Like I'm going to be able to lift enough to really require a spotter. And they just got all these new machines that are unlike anything I've ever seen. But they have the exercise balls and nice poster of all the different things you can do with the exercise balls, including lifting weights. I tried it. I decided I must look pretty silly because a big part of using the exercise balls involves balancing on said ball. I think I probably looked the silliest when I was supposed to be balancing on my stomach, like to do push ups and those things. I think the ball is not for me. I'll have to watch my old "8 minute arms" from YouTube to get more arms exercise ideas. I know it sounds kind of cheesy, but that was actually a fairly good program.

In other news the job is going well. I had an exhausting day today. I almost thought I wouldn't run. I'm still tired as all get out. Seriously, I was never a morning person but I used to be able to get up and run or exercise in the morning without that big of a problem. Right now I'm blaming it on the stress of graduating, switching jobs, and still not being totally comfortable with the new job in conjunction with the heat. I woke up this morning and felt like if I wasn't so hot I could have run. I'm glad I waited 'till tonight. Look how well I did.

Also, I just got all 43 presidents again.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Alright, so I continue to FAIL miserably at the Presidents. But I'm doing good at the 50 states. I think it all depends on what states you get first, though, because putting a coastal state in the right place is a lot easier than, say, Nebraska. Still, way to go! I wish I could get the presidents, but I don't see success in my near future.

    I want flashcards.

    Also, I want to figure out (if at all possible) how to download and run the 50 States game locally instead of on the internet, because the site is blocked at work. Is that wrong of me?

    ReplyDelete