2.7.07

The Monday Music Mambo

Choose one song for each artist:

1. Joni Mitchell - "A Case of You", one of my favorite songs ever.
2. Bryan Adams - "Everything I Do..." Who isn't picking that one really?
3. Neil Young - "Teach Your Children Well" from Crosby Stills Nash & Young
4. Sarah McLachlan - Oh, there's so many. For now, I'll say "World On Fire"
5. The Band - "We Can Talk" from the album Music From Big Pink, a great album I discovered as a teenager, which seems to be the time most white kids discover the Beatles and Bob Dylan nowadays.
6. Barenaked Ladies - Again, so so many. For the live show, "One Week" I guess
7. Leonard Cohen (Yes, again. If you can't think of anything, just choose "Hallelujah.") Good, because that's the one I was going to pick anyway.
8. k.d. lang - "Constant Craving" Hands down.
9. Alanis Morrisette - I don't have a favorite.
10. Rush - "Tom Sawyer" is the only one I can think of, although I know there's another one I like better. I remember being surprised when I learned that the singer in Rush was a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment